Friday, January 25, 2013

Work Day + Story

I finished my lunch in 16 minutes. I made it myself as well. But I think the rice was too clumpy and hurt going through the passageways of my throat. Anyway....Since there's half an hour or so left, how about I write a story? -___- GAH. I'm scared of my grammar mistakes!


   My mom puts high expectations on everything that I do, whether it be school, sports, piano, reading books, and even hanging out with friends. She expects that I do everything responsibly and honestly. She doesn't want a daughter who lies, cheats, and is downright horrible! Especially towards people.
   One day, she wanted to make me live by myself. Not that I couldn't handle it. I've read enough books to learn how to do things such a laundry, cooking, and cleaning the house. Well, maybe most were just lessons my mom has given to me eversince I was six years old.
   "But mom. I can't just live by myself!" I told her when she announced it on a warm, spring day.
   "Why not? What else can a sixteen year old do? Well, there are many things she can do, but I want to experiment what limits you can go to? I wonder if you can actually live by yourself." Mom sighed and wiped away an invisible tear.
   "That's absurd mom. I mean, I don't want to live by myself. And even if I did, what do you expect me to do?" I didn't know what she expected. What did she expect exactly?
   "I expect you to act like an adult. You've soared over every little goal I've put up for you eversince you were such a young child. Not only that, but I've raised a daughter worthy of marriage and ready to join the workforce of the next generation!" She flung her arms about and I thought this was the craziest goal she has every thought up of.
   She always had stupid ideas for me but I always overcome them. There was this one time where she expected me to read an encyclopedia in a few hours and I did so. She expected me to win a soccer game and I did so. She expected me to draw Mona Lisa in my own way and I did so. I never disappointed her in my life. She always had a certain task for me to do when I'm not doing homework or going out with my friends. She was crazy about my achievements. She loved the numerous amount of awards in my bedroom. She enjoyed watching me beat every other child whose parents she had a grudge against.
   "But I'm only sixteen. Is it even legal to send me away?" I asked her out of my trance of thought.
   "NONSENSE! Do you expect me to let the government find out? What do you expect of your mother? She always get things her way. So don't worry." She cackled out loud and walked out of the room.
   I sat on the couch and began to count the many things that she made me do. Not only was it uncountable, but there's no way I could keep track of them all. I finally gave up. If mom was going to let me live by myself, she can just do so! I was so angry that I punched some pillows and knocked over a chair. I diled a friend's number and she picked up.
   "Madeline! What's up?" said her best friend Cray Bolt.
   "My mom has another crazy idea up her sleeve for me again.
   She heard laughter from the other end. Cray sighed and giggled,"Well, what do you know? Another task for the Mad Hatter to accomplish. What is it this time?"
   "Living by myself. Is that even legal?" I raced through every information in my brain to find whether I've read anything on the topic somewhere.
   "Well, isn't eighteen the right age to like....I don't know."Cray sounded stumped,"Don't you want to live by yourself? It would be a dream come true if my mom offered. I mean, I get to have my own living roo, bathroom, two bedrooms, a kitchen..."
    "You're getting off topic Cray."I let out my breathe,"What do you think I should do?"
   "Try it! See if you can actually meet her expectations again!" Cray said.
   "Right...That's not helping. I don't want to do it. I'm tired of my moms antics and high expectations of me. She believes I could do anything everysince I was born."
   "So? That's a good thing. I wish my parents adored me that much."
   "Minus my dad. He's away again. Why does he always go away? He's the only one that can make mom change her mind about giving me these weird tasks."
   Cray was silent for a while. Suddenly, a buzzing came from the other end,"Someone's at my door. I got to go get it. Hold on!"
   I gripped my knees in irritation. Why did my dad have to go? I thought. Why must he be an international writer and needs to travel so much? Why can't he stay in one place and save his daughter?
   Minutes drone away and suddenly a crackle came from the other end,"Back. What were we talking about? Your father right? I'm sure he'd listen to you if you told him to come back."
   "Right."I huffed out and gritted my teeth,"He never comes back when I tell him to. I barely see him. Why is he always..." I trailed off, unsure of what to say next.
   "It's okay. Maybe your life was always meant to be this way." Cray sounded as if she was the best advice giver ever. Or maybe a cocky counseler who's so sure of herself.
   "Well, thanks anyway. Let me see what my mom plans to send me."
   "OKAY! Tell me when you get your answer!" Cray hung up and so did I.
                                                    ___TO BE CONTINUED___

No comments:

Post a Comment