Monday, January 28, 2013

Poem

I was thinking of a poem when I was watching the snow fall last Friday afternoon. I can't believe I forgot about it until now. I'll try to remember wtf I was thinking:

I watch as snow flows down from the gray sky
It moves with grace and dances in the air.
All I could think about was the chilly crisp wind
And how white flakes are about to dot my hair.

Never has it snowed in December
For a while it hasn't at all.
But it's almost the end of January
And the snow decides to fall.

My breath comes out in gasps
The white smoke potruding from my mouth
I look around at the White Wonderland
And predicted the snow would go south.

Days like this I wish I could
Cuddle up beside a fireplace.
Drinking a cup of hot chocalate
I look at a loved one face to face.

Everytime I look outside
I'd be grateful to be sheltered.
I'd pity all those who are homeless
And gets frozen from the weather.

The building rooftops are white
I constantly think of whip cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment